The TieCon 2009 conference just concluded (www.tiecon.org). It was two days of meeting some very interesting entrepreneurs, hearing some good talks on everything from CleanTech to VC funding strategies.
What I thought was very interesting and different, was the TiE50. 50 companies were selected that were successful, interesting and hopefully on the road to making an impact. Several that I thought were worth a shot are:
1) Jajah (www.jajah.com) Global phone-to-phone. Make a JAJAH call anywhere - on your mobile or landline phone to save money and keep in touch with friends and family. JAJAH can save you up to 98% on your international phone calls. It connects you using your existing phone. No contract, no software, no headset, easy to use!
2) Kiva (www.kiva.org) Lets you make loans to entrepreneurs in developing nations. Microlending is really a way to change the world.
3) Splunk (www.splunk.com) Splunk is the IT Search company changing the way organizations manage, secure and audit their IT infrastructures. Splunk is software that lets you search and analyze all your IT infrastructure data from a single location in real time. With Splunk, now you can troubleshoot application outages, investigate security incidents, and demonstrate compliance in minutes, not hours or days.
4) Xobni (www.xobni.com) The Outlook plugin that finds people & email in your inbox.
5) Reqall (www.reqall.com) Remember what's important to you with reQall. reQall is a voice-enabled memory aid that seamlessly integrates your mobile phone, email, text messaging and IM into a powerful organizer, reminder system and productivity assistant. reQall lets you capture your ideas, tasks and commitments before you forget, and it proactively keeps you well-prepared and memory-strong.
Check them out,
*Managed Security Services
*Compliance & Policy Development
*FREE Website Security Test